Love Phoenix and want to support us?
Join the Phoenix 500. We are looking for 500 of our listeners to donate just £1 a month. A small amount for you maybe, but for us it would make a HUGE difference. The money donated will go towards covering the core costs of our station, keeping us on air for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Click here to join the Phoenix 500 and support Calderdale’s only independent radio station.
Due to coronavirus our advertising revenue has been decimated and along with other loss of income, we are concerned about the long term impact this could have on our station. We still have to pay rent, bills and licence fees. Our monthly outgoings are still the same, even in lockdown. We are looking to raise £500 a month, to help with the core costs of running our station.
Why should you support us?
Did we mention we are the only independent radio station in Calderdale? Plus we’re so much more than that! We are a unique, not-for-profit community organisation that is trying to redefine who is “able” to do radio and which voices are “allowed”. We work closely with special needs schools and we give people with disabilities the chance to have their own radio show.
- Promote local bands and artists
- Give radio shows to other local charities and organisations (e.g. Overgate Hospice and Voluntary Action Calderdale)
- Train disadvantaged young people in radio broadcasting
- Take placement students from colleges, schools and universities
- Visit care homes and broadcast with the elderly and vulnerable adults
- Make AWARD WINNING board games to help local people suffering from dementia
We have won the National Community Radio Awards TWICE, won Breakthrough of the Year at the Calderdale Community Spirit Awards 2019 and have been awarded the Disability Confident title through the Department of Work and Pensions.